Durham Children’s Aid Society is responsible for providing child protection services to children under the age of 18 and their families who live in Durham.
We are mandated by, and receive funding from the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services for the following services:
- Investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect
- Protecting children and youth when they are at risk of harm from a caregiver
- Covering basic living costs for children and youth in our care
- Providing for the daily needs of children and youth in our care
- Placing children for adoption
To provide the best service possible to children, youth and families we serve, we are continually assessing our programs and services to ensure that we are responsive to their needs. If we see a need, we will do everything we can to help. This is why we have introduced these programs to augment our mandated services.