Centred Content

Providing quality service for children, youth, and families is very important to us. If you have concerns or complaints about the services you have received from the Children’s Aid Society, we want to hear about them. Our hope is to work together with you to resolve concerns and improve our service.

If you have a complaint, concern, question or feedback about services you have received from the Children’s Aid Society, there are several ways to be heard. Talk to the caseworker who is helping you or the caseworker’s supervisor. They have the most in-depth knowledge to answer your questions about the service and can work with you to find a resolution. If the concern is not resolved with the caseworker and/or supervisor, you can ask to involve a manager.


If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can request a formal review of your complaint.

You can:

Information is available from the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.

You can also find more information in the following brochures:

You can also make a complaint to the Child and Family Services Review Board at any time. This means that a complaint can be made directly to the Child and Family Services Review Board either before or during involvement with the Children’s Aid Society’s Internal Complaint Review Panel.

To submit an application to the Child and Family Services Review Board, complete Form 2: Application about Complaints Against a Children’s Aid Society (available here CFSRB: Forms & Filing | Tribunals Ontario) and send to:

Child and Family Services Review Board
15 Grosvenor Street, Ground Floor
Toronto, ON M7A 2G6

Toronto Area: 416-327-0111
Long Distance: 1-888-777-3616
TDD/TTY: Call the Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511
Email: cfsrb@ontario.ca
Website: tribunalsontario.ca/cfsrb/


If, after contacting us, you feel that your concerns have not been addressed to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, who is responsible for making sure that privacy laws are followed in Ontario:

Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

Phone: 416-326-3333 or 1-800-387-0073
TDD/TTY: 416-325-7539
Fax: 1-416-325-9195
E-mail: info@ipc.on.ca
Website: ipc.on.ca

The Ontario Ombudsman’s Office can also take complaints about services received from a Children’s Aid Society. The Ombudsman has created dedicated units of specialized staff to answer questions, address concerns, conduct investigations, and review complaints:

Office of the Ombudsman of Ontario
483 Bay Street
10th floor, South Tower
Toronto, ON M5G 2C9

Toll-free (inside Ontario only): 1-800-263-1830
Outside Ontario: 416-586-3300
TTY (teletypewriter): 1-866-411-4211
Fax: 416-586-3485
Email: info@ombudsman.on.ca
Website: ombudsman.on.ca

Learn more about your right to complain to a Children’s Aid Society at Submit a complaint about child welfare services | Ontario.ca.

Complaints, Compliments & Feedback Form

If you would like to speak with someone directly, if you would like to provide feedback, a compliment, or would like further information, submit your name, contact information, and message. We will contact you to review your feedback and discuss options.

"*" indicates required fields

Centred Content

* Required fields

Call Us