Durham Children’s Aid Society is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. The board consists of a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of sixteen (16) directors, comprised of up to three (3) appointed directors, and the balance being rotating directors.
All of our board members:
- Live or work in Durham Region;
- Have an interest in children and quality children’s services;
- Are able to attend at least two meetings per month;
- Are members of the Society;
- Support the Vision, Mission and objectives of Durham CAS; and
- Are interested in advocating for the needs of children.
As the demographic profile of Durham Region is constantly changing, we are expressly interested in receiving inquiries and applications from members of Durham’s visible minority community.
If you are interested in getting involved with our Board, contact Candy Cook, 905-433-1551, ext. 2474.
Board meetings are held monthly (usually on the last Thursday of the month), and are open to the public.
Andrew Campbell, President
Vera Mercier, Vice-President
Nana Ayiku, Treasurer
Stacey Lepine-Fisher, Secretary
Matthew Sinclair, Honourary Past President