Make a Donation
Durham Children’s Aid Foundation
While the Ontario government provides funding for core child protection services, they do not fund many prevention or enrichment programs.
Just a few of the programs that don’t receive funding are summer camp, Holiday Hope and post-secondary education.
The Durham Children’s Aid Foundation raises funds to address this need. Please visit the Foundation website to get involved.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are not accepting donations of clothing or any items. Financial donations can be made through the Foundation.
Thank you for your interest in donating goods for the children, youth and families we serve.
Please refer to the following list of needed and accepted items.
- All clothing donations must be arranged through email@example.com
- We do not accept random drop-offs as we will often accept donations only if they fit a current need.
- We do not accept off-season items.
- All donated items must be in good condition, free of stains or tears, and freshly-laundered.
- We accept children’s clothing in all sizes from newborn to youth.
- Adult clothing is accepted if styles are suitable for youth/young adults.
- If you have items to donate, you must prearrange a drop-off time.
Used items we accept:
- Tops: t-shirts, dress shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, sweaters
- Bottoms: Pants, jeans, leggings, shorts, skirts
- Accessories: Hats, mittens, gloves, belts
Use items we do NOT accept:
- Underwear, bras
- Purses, bags
We do not accept used luggage or bags. All donations must be freshly washed, and as there isn’t means to properly clean a suitcase or bag, we unfortunately cannot accept them. Additionally, we do not have the space to sort and store items of this size.
We do welcome the donation of bags that are NEW.
Unfortunately we cannot accept used baby items – this includes, but is not limited to, baby bottles, car seats, nursing pillows, high chairs, activity centers.
We do welcome the donation of baby items that are NEW.
TOYS / BOOKS
Due to limited storage space, we cannot accept used toys or books as regular donated items. On occasion, we accept toys if there’s an immediate need, (but we cannot accept used stuffed animals or other soft toys). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We cannot accept furniture as a regular donation. On occasion, we accept if there’s an immediate need, contact email@example.com to confirm.
Due to health and safety regulations, any items left
outside the agency will be disposed of immediately.