Become a partner in protection
It is everyone’s responsibility to help protect our children. If you are aware of a child at risk, please call us immediately. Please do not email us with your concerns as we cannot guarantee a prompt response to an email message.
There are many ways to help children and families through the Durham Children’s Aid Society.
- Consider a career in child welfare
- Become a member of the Society
- Run for a position on our Board of Directors
- Join us at one of our events
- Become a volunteer
- Support the Durham Children’s Aid Foundation (donate, attend an event or volunteer)
- Consider becoming a foster or adoptive parent
Any way that you choose to become involved is an important part of helping children and families. Without the community’s support, the door to future possibilities for many of these children remains closed.
Caring hearts and helping hands
By getting involved you will:
- Help your community.
- Know that you are doing your part to protect children.
- Learn more about child protection and the Children’s Aid Society.
- Develop new skills.
- Meet new people.
- Make a difference in someone’s life (as well as you own).
Child abuse and neglect creates victims. It destroys dreams, but with your help, a lifetime of pain and turmoil can be changed to a world of dreams and possibilities.
You can make a difference – maybe not for every child, but at least for one child at a time.